Our bargaining session on the 22nd resulted in some positive movement toward a resolution of the language of our contract. It is by no means final, and we anticipate some continued disagreement, but are hopeful that major issues can be resolved and brought forward for ratification. It should be noted that an inability to agree on an issue will result in unchanged contract language.
Our compensation offer was countered. Your site representative delivered the specifics of this at your 10 minute meeting. We gave no official response to the counter proposal at the table and requested that site reps confer with members to solicit their responses. We are still waiting to hear from some but the overall impression is negative toward the District's offer. Unless we hear otherwise from those yet to report, we will proceed accordingly. Please confer with your rep if you have not already done so.
As always, we strive to represent your interests to the very best of our ability. When an agreement is brought before you for ratification, it should be understood that this is the best package your team was able to obtain. Members are encouraged to make decisions about this according to their conscience.
We look forward to positive results at our next session on May 7th. Thank you for your unwavering support.
On behalf of your team,