Joint Communication #13 September 13, 2018
2017-18 Contract Negotiations
Session thirteen of negotiations was held on September 13, 2018.
Parties continued discussion on: Article 25 (Special Education), Article 11 (Hours), Article 24 (Safe and Healthy Working Conditions). Article 8 (Employee Benefits), Article 13 (Transfer and Reassignment) and Article 23 (Salaries).
Reached a Tentative Agreement for Articles 12 and 19:
Article 12 (Employee Evaluation)
- The certificated evaluation form will be referenced in the appendix of the contract. Any changes to the form will be mutually agreed upon by both the Association and the District.
- Only substantiated information will be included in an evaluation report.
- A post-observation conference shall occur within (10) working days when a unit member receives one or more “Needs Improvements or and Unsatisfactory.” Recommendations and/or assistance shall be offered for improving performance.
- Evaluations shall take place at least 30 calendar days before his/her last day of school.
- Unit member shall be allowed to respond in writing to all portions of the evaluation report.
- Cleaned up language regarding PAR.
- Changed name to Peer Assistance Coaching
- Outlines criteria on who will be referred to the program.
- Outlines the role of the Peer Assistance Coach, criteria for the coach position, and the administrative evaluators role.