Today was our first bargaining session with the MUSD team. Our team members present: Heather Tortoreti (chair), Karen Bost (CTA Representative), Linda Banfield, Matthew Clark, Allyson Fuentes and Scott Grantham. For the District team: Ambur Borth (chair), Chad McGough (co-chair), Todd Robbins (attorney), Gabby Burrell (secretary) and Patti Fregin (admin representative).
We discussed several items:
- Clarification on the monetary settlement from 2017-18 Bargaining session. 1.5% raise was on the November pay warrant. The July 2017 to June 2018 retro check will show up on the January 31st pay warrant and the July 2018 to present retro will show up on the February 28th pay warrant.
- We discussed the status of the Safety and SPED Committees and when they will be meeting.
- We discussed when the final draft of the 2017-18 Contract will be ready. It is still in draft format. MUSD and MTA will sign off once we edit for correct language/errors. Once complete, membership will be notified.
- Both sides presented their summary of the articles chosen to be sunshined. The district presented Article 11 (Hours) and Article 14 (Class Size). Although they could have brought forth two additional articles, they did not. The Association will be presenting Article 8 Health and Welfare Benefits, Article 23 Salaries, Article 24 Safe and Healthy Working Conditions, Article 25 Special Education, Article 11 (Hours).
- MTA passed Article 4 today to the district. The purpose was to bring it into compliance with the Janus decision. Language regarding agency fee and religious objector was deleted. Both sides reached a tentative agreement on this language today.
- We reviewed calendar dates for the bargaining season and have calendared 16 sessions starting December 17th and ending June 6th. Your bargaining team will be meeting over Winter Break to create and review language for our upcoming bargaining date on January 17th.