- Joint Communication #16 October 1, 2018
Session sixteen of negotiations was held on October 1, 2018.
Parties continued discussion on: Article 25 (Special Education) and Article 23 (Salaries).
Reached a Tentative Agreement for Articles 11, 13 and 24:
Article 11 (Hours)
- Non teaching duties shall be assigned equitably with input from administration alongside MTA Site Reps.
- MOU – Nurses – October 1, 2018 sunsets on June 30, 2020. Nurses are excluded from Staff Development Days. If they work over their 184 day, then they shall be compensated at their hourly rate of pay. Extra work days shall be voluntary.
- Unit members who request a transfer shall be offered an opportunity to interview with administration.
- Clarification of what “Assignment” entails.
- Clarified non-prioritized criteria when a unit member is subject to a reassignment or transfer.
- Added language to address reporting of abuse/violence/threat of force and what action will be taken in a timely manner.
- District will investigate reports of unsafe facility conditions and Association can request summary of findings and results.
- District shall supply access to site and district safety plans.
- District shall maintain a Safety Committee with Association representatives.
- Safety concerns will be reported on an “unsafe conditions report form.”
- No unit member shall be required to perform duties under conditions which pose an immediate threat of serious bodily harm.
- No member will be directed to transport pupils in private vehicles.
- Members may request reimbursement for damaged or stolen property by using the claim form.